Last year, a powerful energy signal was emanating from an Imperial research base called the Merlin Facility on the planet Shoreham V. A signal powerful enough to be felt far and wide, and strong enough to attract the attention of Chaos. Through the help of Tzeentch’s divine plan, a massive armada of Orks was redirected directly toward Shoreham V. In the meantime, a Tau sept caught wind of secret Tau and Eldar collaboration at this facility, and was determined to find out more. Unknown to all parties, a derelict space hulk in orbit was seeded with Tyranids who were waiting in ambush.
The battle began rapidly and soon the battlefield was riddled with bodies. In the end, the Imperium put up a valiant effort, but could not hold up against the power of Tau, Orks, Tyranids, and Chaos. The Merlin Facility fell, and the planet has gone silent. This year, 10 years have passed as the Imperium and its allies mustered their forces and have returned. What has Chaos done with this place in the meantime?
Thrill in the warfare simulation as you and your fellow players work together as brothers and sisters in arms to defeat the other side!
I won’t give away all aspects for the sake of surprise, but be prepared for each player to have an important battle field role. Failure means letting your team mates down and victory means being an All-Star of the battle.
This is not about winning. This is about telling a story and taking part in an epic narrative game. The winning side receives bragging rights.
Each Phase will be timed and strictly enforced to keep the game running smoothly.
The two teams will be Order and Xenos.
Order will include Imperium armies, Eldar, and Tau.
All other armies (Orks, Necrons, etc.) will be split between the two sides as different factions because warbands choose their sides for different reasons.
We are only allowing 24 player spots for this event, so get yours early.
This is the only gaming event at Shorehammer which requires painted models. We require at least 3 colors on your models, but basing is not required.
- Lists need to be 1 Faction per player.
- No Unpainted Miniatures, Forge World, Named Characters or Lords of War allowed.
- We are using Matched Play Rules.
- Lists are a maximum of 800 points per player, and no more than 5 units. (Dedicated Transports count toward your unit maximum, but the first Dedicated Transport in your list will not count towards your maximum.)
- Lists MUST include at least 1 Troop choice.
- Lists must choose only ONE Force Org slot (Either HQ, Elite, Fast Attack, Heavy or Flyer) to fill out the other units that aren’t Troops. Dedicated Transports may be taken and do not count towards the Force Org slot choice.
- Lists CANNOT be more than 70 models total.
- (Examples: Your list may be 1 Troop choice and 3 Fast Attack units. Or 3 Troops and 1 Heavy Support)
- Relics and Warlord Traits may be taken.
- At the beginning of the Game, each player receives 2 Command Points per unit of Troops he or she took in their army list.
- Players that share a Faction keyword can be effected by friendly players’ buffs and abilities.